Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fresh Blueberry Pie

Ah, summer.  The season when candy grows on vines and bushes.  Blueberry picking is hands-down one of my favorite lazy, hazy days of summer activities.  I'm generally pretty good about getting more in the bucket than my mouth, generally being the operative word there.  But who can blame me when you've got a bunch of beauties like these plucking around?  Best part (pre-making them into a pie, of course)? They came from within a mile of my apartment.



Obviously, I had to bake something with them.  I found this awesome recipe for Fresh Blueberry Pie, which was particularly great because you only cook up about 1/4 of the berries into a sauce and then pour it over the rest of the berries so they're fresh!  Every bite is like a fresh spoonful of gems just bursting with summer sweetness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment