This is my final cake from cake decorating class number two! The flowers are all made using royal icing. Warning: royal icing flowers don't taste that great, especially the purple ones, but they can look pretty!
I felt so inspired by the flowers on the cake above, I tried them again (with buttercream frosting) on an Easter cake! It sure is a lot simpler to make them out of royal icing and place them where you want to, but this was a good last minute alternative. Now, if only I can figure out how to make the frosting have that messy but sophisticated effect...
This is a Pink Lady Cake I made for a couple of office birthdays. I'm still working on the free hand drawing thing... the sugar sprinkes made for a cool effect the next day though. After they had melted a little, it looked like the center was airbrushed instead of individual sprinkles!




No comments:
Post a Comment