Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dungeons and Dragons!!

So, thanks to grad school, my cake-making has been on a long hiatus.  This week, however, I came out of it to make a cake for a teacher from school!  It's her husband's 40th birthday, and when I asked if she had anything in mind for the cake, I got this: "He's really into Dungeons and Dragons."  ...  this is a no-judgement zone, people.

This is the first cake for which I ever had to do RESEARCH!  My students were instrumental in helping me figure it out, and I learned that a) there are dragons in the game, and b) that 20-sided dice are instrumental, downright crucial for the game.  And thus, this, my re-entry to the cake-making world, was born.

The cake was a simple vanilla with a swiss buttercream frosting.  And my GOODNESS does quality butter make a difference!  Mmm mmm MMM!


Happy 2D20, Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment