Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Sweet Watermelon Treat!

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays.  It is a time to celebrate our country and the things that are the most meaningful to us: friends, family, and of course, fireworks.  The days are long and warm and carefree as you can make them!  It is a time to remember those who have made this country a great one, politics aside, from soldiers to farmers to teachers to... bakers.  :)

I was so happy to get to come home for the Amherst 4th of July parade!  "It never rains on the Amherst 4th of July parade!"  I was even more excited to get to go to my good friend's house for an Independence Day Extravaganza!!  It was a great start to my marathon of fireworks, not to mention all of the delicious food they had!  I thought I'd contribute a little something festive myself, and decided upon these, what I must admit are, quite adorable cookies!

Shortbread Watermelon Cookies! Complete with chocolate chip "seeds" and a white chocolate and green sprinkles "rind"!
Adding a little American flare!
Good enough to take a bite out of!  (Though I promise I didn't!)

No comments:

Post a Comment