This week, I had the pleasure of making a birthday cake for Gwen's sister, Jill. She gave me complete creative reign over the cake; all I knew what that she would like a white cake and that she liked the sunflowers I made on cupcakes earlier. I've struggled to find a white cake recipe that I really enjoy, but I found a Vanilla Buttermilk Cake that is divine and definitely a go-to for white cakes!
I also discovered swiss buttercream frosting, and let me tell you, THIS is the frosting for which I have been searching for years! (Sounds over-dramatic, but seriously, it has been years). I had this delicious frosting on my mom's friend's son's wedding cake years ago and I haven't been able to find it since! Someone suggested buttercream, but the neither the Wilton buttercream recipe nor the store-bought cake buttercreams even come CLOSE to the taste I remembered. Well, I found it, and swiss buttercream is amazing!
So, here it is! Jill's birthday cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment