Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Season is Here!

There are many things I love about fall, and candy corn definitely tops that list.  Since I have no hope of recreating those delicious little tri-colored triangles, I tried them in shortbread form.  Thanks to my aunt for sending this idea to me, and to my Mom for making them with me!!


First, I dyed the dough and rolled it out in logs, stacking the colors into a semi-triangle shape.

Then, I wrapped it in cellophane and shaped the triangle.  I put it in the fridge overnight. Wicked easy to slice, and look how cute they are already!

Voila!  Or, should I say, BOO!  Delightful little candy corn shortbread cookies!

2 comments:

  1. How delightful and delicious! It is always a special Halloween Treat to bake with you, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got our batch of these in the mail! THANK YOU SO MUCH! They are wonderful! We have each had our fill and it took all my self control not to eat them all! You are one talented baker! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete